Sunday 10 November 2013

This is it!

Welcome to Lazy Susan Food Reviews

Food writing has been a hobby of mine for some time now. Food in general is something I find incredibly interesting. I grew up in a small town in rural Australia and we always had something delicious growing in the garden, perhaps that's where it started. Alongside our vineyard we had fruit trees, I remember the summer peaches being the sweetest, juiciest creations I longed for every year. I don't think I've tasted summer fruit like that since.

I day dream about food a lot. What I'm making for dinner each night, where I will go on the weekend to eat, what's in season, what recipe I will try next, is there an igredient I've never tasted before. It consumes most of my free time, wandering around food markets, reading food books, following chefs on social media, talking to colleagues about what I ate on the weekend or a wonderful restaurant I visited - I just love food.

This love of food sits appropriately alongside my love of travel. I travel to discover new food and find hidden gem restaurants. I love talking to locals about food, the places to eat away from the tourist areas and what the true regional specialities are. I am fortunate that I travel with my job which allows me to try food in different places almost on a weekly basis. 

I have plenty of food stories to tell. I hope you enjoy reading them and that my reviews help you find somwhere wonderful to eat.

Amare il cibo
Lazy Susan

PS - why Lazy Susan? Well I figure my love of food is like one of those big circular boards in a Chinese restaurant, I can spin it around and stop it when I feel like tasting something new.

Copyright © 2013 Lazy Susan Food Reviews
  

No comments:

Post a Comment